Developing and Managing Nonfiction Books
I’ve been working with nonfiction books in the SF Bay Area for 18 years. From starting out at Jossey-Bass/Wiley, to my thirteen years at New Harbinger, and 2 years running my freelance editing business, I’ve helped hundreds of authors see their books from concept to publication. Check out my Portfolio tab to see some of my favorite projects!
The Services I Offer
- Proposal assessment.
- Author recruitment/lead generation.
- Writing coaching and authoring services.
- Developmental editing.
- Project management.
- Pitch development and consultation.
- Marketing strategy and implementation.
Why Work with Me?
- I have 18 years of experience working with nonfiction projects.
- I am skilled at working one-on-one with authors.
- I can help free up your staff for more bigger-picture tasks.
- I understand the demands of nonfiction publishing markets.
- I can boost the productivity of your acquisitions and editorial teams.
- Your team can sign more books and increase profits by working with me!
Let me help you help your business!
From Richard Shane, Ph.D
Melissa greatly elevated the quality of my manuscript… have not received that level of assistance from other editors I’ve worked with.
From Epiphany Jordan, Karuna Sessions
Like most first-time authors, I was nervous about giving my baby to an editor to carve up. Melissa was gentle with her feedback, and offered suggestions that were both logical and intuitive.
From John Preston, PhD, ABPP
Melissa has clearly been the best editor I have teamed up with during the past 25 years.Every project was made significantly better thanks to her help and expertise.