Are You Ready to Do This?
If you’re ready to start your journey towards publishing or distributing your wellness book or other product, check out my comprehensive packages.
I offer everything from basic assessment and strategy advice to full-service packages that take your project from idea to finished product and beyond.
My rates depend on the complexity of the project. If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for by clicking on the tabs below, please send me an email at email@example.com and let’s chat about what kind of help you need. We can schedule a time to talk by phone and I’ll create a custom bid.
- The "Is This Idea Any Good?" Package - Assessment and Strategy
- The "Trail Guide" Package - How Should I Publish or Distribute??
- The "Marketing Builder" Package
- The "I'm Totally Committed to This!" Self-Publishing Package
- The "Getting to Yes!" Traditional Publishing Package
- The "Let's Keep the Momentum Going" Wellness Entrepreneur Content Package
Focus: Assessing your project and developing a plan to get it produced, published, or distributed.
- Reviewing your material for your wellness book, app, class, workshop or other content. Assessing the hook, writing, tone, audience and market.
- Providing a detailed assessment of the content plus suggested next steps.
Optional add-ons ( additional fee):
Focus: Creating a viable plan for how to best make your book available to its target audience.
- Initial discovery phone call.
- Market research on your topic and audience.
- Assessment of which publishing option would best suit your goals for your project, based on your budget, timeline, and other factors.
- A “compare and contrast” document outlining expenses, pros and cons, and options for each — designed to help you decide.
- One follow-up phone call.
Focus: Developing and implementing a marketing plan. Ideally, this should be implemented at LEAST 3 months before your book or product is available.
- Research on best practices in marketing for your book, app, or other wellness product (based on topic, format, and audience behavior).
- Developing a detailed marketing calendar for three months.
- Creating or outsourcing other necessary marketing assets, if needed (does not include payments to other contractors).
- Connecting with influencers and getting you on their platforms.
- Establishing you as an expert.
- Consultation on your existing online presence and developing a strategy for improving it, if necessary (including SEO consultation, assessment of your web content or development of an effective website).
$2,500/mo for 3 months
Optional add-on (rate to be determined based on content strategy):
I write all content, including books, ebooks, freebie content, e-newsletters, emails, guest blogs, social media posts, web copy, and other material as needed (maximum 5,000 words total per month–give or take).
Focus: Creating a high-quality product/book available for sale to your target audience.
- Working with you to conceptualize your book concept.
- Creating a Table of Contents (or editing/revising current TOC)
- 2 rounds of developmental editing on manuscript.
- Publishing strategy: planning the best publishing approach based on your goals and budget.
- Management of publishing process, including working with other professionals — designers, marketers, printing companies (Fee does not include payment to other professionals).
- Marketing consultation, including outsourcing of marketing/promo help if necessary (Fee does not include payment to other professionals).
$2,200/mo for 5 months
Focus: Getting a contract with a publishing company.
- Working with you to conceptualize your book concept.
- Creating the Table of Contents (or editing/revising your existing TOC)
- Developmental editing as needed on chapters/content you write.
- Research on appropriate publishers.
- Writing book proposal.
- Project management of pitching process–sending out proposals, tracking proposals, communication with editors, contract negotiation.
$900/mo for 3 months.
Focus: Increased clients, traffic, views, or purchases of your content, depending on your business goals.
- Market and content research.
- Coaching on content you create.
- Project management of content from start to finish (content is defined as: books, ebooks, blog posts, articles, website copy, technology application, video)
- Project management includes strategy, scheduling, hiring and working with contractors, and managing delivery of content. (fee does not include writing, creating, or developing content itself, or payment to other professionals.)
- 2 hours of phone calls per month on strategy, ideas, business-building, content development, community-building.
in startup phase (first 3 months)
thereafter based on project goals
Optional add-ons: fee to be determined based on project specifications.
- Add content creation (writing books, ebooks, blogs, articles, video scripts, etc)
- Add content development of existing writing (editing books, ebooks, blogs, articles, video scripts, etc)
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project! Choose a package or let me create a custom bid just for you!
From Richard Shane, Ph.D
Melissa greatly elevated the quality of my manuscript… have not received that level of assistance from other editors I’ve worked with.
From Epiphany Jordan, Karuna Sessions
Like most first-time authors, I was nervous about giving my baby to an editor to carve up. Melissa was gentle with her feedback, and offered suggestions that were both logical and intuitive.
From John Preston, PhD, ABPP
Melissa has clearly been the best editor I have teamed up with during the past 25 years.Every project was made significantly better thanks to her help and expertise.