I call Myself a Book Midwife
I’ve been working with authors for 18 years
From assessing unsolicited and solicited proposals, to author recruitment, to pitching projects, to developmental editing, to scheduling and project management, to author support, to contract negotiation, to marketing strategy, I’ve helped hundreds of authors through the process of seeing their book into print.
I’ve also worked with many agents, helping them help their clients and negotiating fair deals for all parties.
My specialty has been psychology, self-help, wellness and self-exploration, though I’ve also worked on health and higher education topics.
I Can Help With:
- Idea conceptualization and strategy.
- Writing coaching and authoring services.
- Developmental editing.
- Pitch development and consultation.
- Marketing strategy and implementation.
Why Use My Services?
- I have extensive experience in nonfiction book publishing.
- I can give authors one-on-one attention while you run your business.
- I can help you help more authors, make more pitches, and earn more money!
From Richard Shane, Ph.D
Melissa greatly elevated the quality of my manuscript… have not received that level of assistance from other editors I’ve worked with.
From Epiphany Jordan, Karuna Sessions
Like most first-time authors, I was nervous about giving my baby to an editor to carve up. Melissa was gentle with her feedback, and offered suggestions that were both logical and intuitive.
From John Preston, PhD, ABPP
Melissa has clearly been the best editor I have teamed up with during the past 25 years.Every project was made significantly better thanks to her help and expertise.